Have you ever wanted to get a taste of what it’s like to be part of our organising team? Well now’s your chance.
With our shows and motorsport meetings increasing in size and profile this season, we are offering a unique opportunity to recruit a wave of volunteers who are looking to seek experience and knowledge of running public events alongside our existing organising team.
The example roles on offer to suitable volunteers are:
- Pre-show set up crew: setting out the site and infrastructure the day before the event
- Car show crew: looking after car clubs, show & shine, traders and exhibitors
- Time Attack crew: pit lane and paddock
- Drift crew: start-line, holding area and paddock
- Racing Hondas Championship crew: paddock, pit lane and grid
- Administration support: race control and office
Where required, we will provide appropriate training, guidance and support during the events undertaken by our existing experienced event team. Team clothing, food and refreshments will be provided.
Applicants must be over 18, energetic and not afraid to get stuck in. Some manual labour will be involved. They must be good team players, be capable of interacting with colleagues and the public, operate a 2-way radio (training given) and live local to the venue to avoid excessive travel and overnight accommodation. Our events take place at:
- Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire (30th April & 1st May)
- Brands Hatch, Kent (10th & 11th June / 24th September)
- Oulton Park, Cheshire (22nd July)
- Donington Park, Derby (20th August)
- Snetterton, Norfolk (22nd October)
It’s a great opportunity to get behind the scenes and find out what it takes to put on a major national sporting event. For those who are looking to make a career in event management in any field (or specifically motorsport), the work will provide valuable experience into this exciting and difficult to access industry.
If required, we can provide each volunteer with a personal statement of the role and responsibilities that were undertaken while volunteering with us that can be used to build a personal portfolio of experience for any future work or employment elsewhere in the industry.
To register your interest, please send us an email with your contact details (email and phone), together with confirmation of your age, location and preferred role: [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!