On behalf of all of us at Time Attack, we hope you are keeping out of harms way and coping as best you can with the changes taking place in our daily lives.
As the UK Government increases restrictions on our activities and movements in order to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus, it is inevitable and entirely appropriate that the motorsport community does the same. Consequently, a bulletin was issued by Motorsport UK this morning that extends the period of suspension until 30th June, which means that we need to postpone Rounds 1, 2 and 3.
Read the full bulletin here:
This cessation of events affects the first three rounds of this year’s championship at Anglesey Circuit / Trac Môn, Cadwell Park and Brands Hatch. Therefore, unless further restrictions are applied, our first round will be at Oulton Park on 11th July and any postponed events will be rescheduled to run at a later date, if possible.
Everything is in place for this event to proceed as planned. The show content and activities are all booked we’ll be doing what we do best to make sure that we’re back on track as soon as we get the green light.
We are currently in contact with the circuit owners to explore the options as far as new dates for our three postponed rounds are concerned, given that ours are significant headline highlight events for each of the venues we visit.
Therefore, we are confident that our interests will be high up the pecking order when it comes to having the opportunity to rescheduling with any remaining dates. Needless to say, because of the ever-changing nature of the situation, it’s impossible to confirm anything at this stage.
As we’ve said before, we will refund entry fees accordingly for any events that we may have to cancel, or if competitors are unable to make it to the rescheduled rounds when the revised dates are announced.
If you are a driver/team and intending to join us this season, we would appreciate it if at the very least you could return your booking form so that we know to expect you. At the end of the day, we do what we do for our competitors and we need to know you’re there and ready to race when the time comes.
Based on the reassurances above, we hope competitors will continue to plan their season from Oulton Park onwards. That way, we can continue to plan with confidence for the benefit of everyone involved with our fantastic championship.
We will provide additional updates should circumstances change further.
Thank you for your support and please stay safe!